If you’re like the majority of people you don’t give too much thought to the parts of a refrigerator before it stops running, or unless it comes time to replace it. To ensure you get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be extremely good to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cold—and D&D Worcester Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to find out all you should know concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and if it is time to hire refrigerator repair Worcester.
WHAT IS INSIDE OF A REFRIGERATOR?
There are not many houses that do not have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a standard kitchen appliance for several years. A refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the optimal temperature, in order to reduce spoiling and slow down the growth of bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by moving the heat from inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, by using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The main components of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call D&D Worcester Appliance Repair:
A compressor is both a pump and motor, and it is responsible for the circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional company if the compressor is broken.
A refrigerator condenser is found on the back exterior wall of the refrigerator and is there to release the heat built-up from within the refrigerator then out into the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is housed in the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs the warmth trapped inside of it, thereby reducing the temperature inside.
The moment an evaporator stops working, it’s time to enlist a professional. You should not wait until it’s too late.
Liquid refrigerant is carried within a capillary tube that works as an expansion device to cool the gas, thereby transforming the gas into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat helps regulate the current temperature in the interior of a refrigerator, engaging the cooling period as it is necessary.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in Worcester for repair right when a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature inside a refrigerator is above the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to begin, and then the cool down starts. The appliance attracts the cold liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the rear of the unit, at which point it comes in contact with warmer temperature in the kitchen and reverts back to a liquid state.
3. The cool liquid then continues on its journey to the evaporator component, pushing through the many coils in the inside of the refrigerator and top freezer compartment.
4. The coolant absorbs the hot air from the interior of the refrigerator, lowering the temperature until it has reached the desired set point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and turns back into a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is found in a number of applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By contracting heat from one area and moving it to elsewhere the cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a house, provides a perfect storage space for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of many different everyday products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require repair? Time to schedule repair with D&D Worcester Appliance Repair.
D&D Worcester Appliance Repair can service all standard brands and models of refrigerators – that includes commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our service technicians in Worcester complete training to troubleshoot and repair issues with cooling, ice makers, condensation problems, puddles of water and leaks, light bulbs, touch controls, smart systems and countless other issues. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working